SJA's JK-3 Physical Education Blog

My photo
Hi SJA Parents! I hope you all had an amazing summer! I'm SO excited to come back to SJA as the PYP Physical Education and Health Teacher and the Lunch Coordinator! I went to Brock University for the Concurrent Education program and I have a Bachelor of Arts in Child Psychology, as well as a Bachelor of Education in Primary/Junior. I’m also qualified to teach ESL and Special Education. I am currently completing my Masters Degree in Education! I will be teaching Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3 each day! JK - Grade 2 will have Phys Ed at SJA in GYM 1. Grade 3 will be bused over to the Athletic Complex every other day with me! If you have any questions feel free to email me at ayustin@stjudesacademy.com

Friday 9 November 2018

November 5-8

Good Evening Parents,

It's been a busy few weeks at SJA.

We are wrapping up our Games unit right now.

JK - Witches and Broomsticks, Relay Races, What time is it Mr. Wolf, Dance games - freeze dance is their new favourite!!!

SK - Giants, Wizards, Elves (Version of Human rock paper scissors), Relay Races, Dance games, Down on the Farm UOI combined unit - We played Zookeeper, "I see I see", Animal freeze game.

Grade 1 - Giants, Wizards, Elves, Ship to shore. Finished our UOI combined unit of Rules and Responsibilities unit where students were to play games that have rules, the children also got to take turns being "the captain" (in charge of a game) for the responsibility aspect.

Grade 2 - Summative Assignment - We are beginning presentations on Monday. The children played Giants, Wizards, and Elves as well!

Grade 3 - Summative Assignment - We are beginning presentations on Monday - Ms. Foti's class has already had a presentation! It was fantastic! Congrats to Aydan and Vaibhav.

I look forward to seeing your children present their summative assignment of create your own game with 2 group members. It's going to be great to see how creative they got using equipment we've used throughout the past couple months.

Below are some pictures from the past few weeks!

- Ms. Yustin
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Track and Field

St. Jude's has had a terrific track and field season this year. We had three separate teams, the under-10's, under-12's, and Ele...