SJA's JK-3 Physical Education Blog

My photo
Hi SJA Parents! I hope you all had an amazing summer! I'm SO excited to come back to SJA as the PYP Physical Education and Health Teacher and the Lunch Coordinator! I went to Brock University for the Concurrent Education program and I have a Bachelor of Arts in Child Psychology, as well as a Bachelor of Education in Primary/Junior. I’m also qualified to teach ESL and Special Education. I am currently completing my Masters Degree in Education! I will be teaching Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3 each day! JK - Grade 2 will have Phys Ed at SJA in GYM 1. Grade 3 will be bused over to the Athletic Complex every other day with me! If you have any questions feel free to email me at ayustin@stjudesacademy.com

Sunday 11 February 2018

February 5 - 9

Good Afternoon Parents,

We had a great week this past week! I had gym with the kids Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday I was off sick and Friday was the oral speech competition in the Auditorium. 

On Monday and Wednesday I did bean bag relay races with the kids. On Monday we did relay races with 4 teams instead of 2. On Wednesday we did the race with a scooter! The kids loved it!

I’m really trying to focus on team work with the kids and cooperative games. The kids are really grasping onto the concept that working together can work out to be the best :) I will be introducing some more team work activities over the next few weeks with the Olympics on!

Since Thursday was our last gym day of the week I played some listening games with the kids. We played a game where the kids run around and when they hear me blow my whistle they had to stop running. We played the kids favourite game ship to shore as well!

I hope you all have a great week :)




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Track and Field

St. Jude's has had a terrific track and field season this year. We had three separate teams, the under-10's, under-12's, and Ele...